Tcl Windows API extension version history
The error class stored in errorCode when Windows encounters an error
has changed. In V0.9 and before, the error class was WINDOWS.
To prevent clashes with other extensions, the error class now used
is TWAPI_WIN32. Code that traps errors using pattern matching
in try or otherwise parses
errorCode will need to be modified accordingly.
Added experimental COM module.
Note: only bug fixes that are incompatible with previous releases
are mentioned here.
Remote file shares now have type file instead of disk
for consistency with local file shares.
INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed to require at least Service Pack 4
on Windows NT 4.0.
The extension will no longer load on otherwise.
This was required to support the LSA related functions.
for dealing with logon sessions.
- Added commands to retrieve information related to
Windows shell Themes.
- Added commands
- Added commands
- Added LSA related commands
- Modified commands
remove account rights before deleting the account.
- Added enumerate_printers.
- Added get_system_uptime.
get_mapped_share_info is now deprecated.
- Added option -description to
- Added options -noaccess and -noexist to commands
INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE These commands no longer raise a Tcl error if
the process does not exist or if access is denied to the process.
- Added command
- Added option -sid to
- Added commands
- Added commands
- Significant improvement in retrieval of performance related data.
The format of return value of the
command has changed when the -all option is specified. The value
returned by the -privileges option of the
get_process_info has changed
now returns invalid as the drive type
for non-existent drives instead of generating an error.
- Added support to be sourced as a single file Starkit
- Added the Network configuration module
- Added the Clipboard module
- Added get_memory_info to retrieve system physical and virtual
- Added get_open_handle_pids to retrieve a list of processes
that have an open handle to a resource.
- Added option -handles to get_process_info
to retrieve a list of open handles in a process.
- Added get_open_handles
to retrieve information about open handles in the system.
- Added -device option to get_drive_info command
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed
set_drive_volumename to set_drive_label and changed option
-volumename of get_drive_info to -label. This
is to avoid future confusion with logical volumes as defined by Windows.
- Added options -processormodel, -processorname and
-processorspeed to get_processor_info.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed the arguments to commands
get_process_handle and get_thread_handle.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed get_os_info to
not return memory related information. get_memory_info provides a
superset of the same information.
- Documentation is now in Windows compiled help format with index
- Added the Event log module
- Added the Console module
- Added register_hotkey and unregister_hotkey
- Added create_process, get_process_handle and
- Added suspend_thread and resume_thread
- Added shutdown_system and abort_system_shutdown
- Added format_message and map_windows_error
- Added logoff_user and lock_workstation
- Added get_current_user
- Added expand_environment_strings
- Added load_library and free_library
- Added get_processor_count and get_active_processor_mask
- Enhanced get_os_info to return additional OS information
- Enhanced get_processor_info to return additional
- Added commands read_inifile_key, write_inifile_key,
delete_inifile_key and delete_inifile_section for manipulating
- Added process_waiting_for_input
- Added block_input
- Added close_handles
- Added get_tcl_channel_handle
- Bug fixes to delete_share, close_window
- Added the Security module containing commands for
user/group management, resource protection,
access control, authorization
- Added the Network shares
module containing commands for configuration
of network shares
- Added play_sound for basic audio playback
- Added send_keys command
(clone of Visual Basic SendKeys using same syntax) for generating keystrokes
- Added find_windows
- Added get_logical_drives
- Added get_drive_type
- Added set_drive_volumename
- Added get_mouse_location
- Added get_computer_netbios_name
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed parameters and return format
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed the -machine and -display_name
options in the services module to -system and -displayname
for consistency with other modules.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Several commands that used to return
multiple values in fieldname value format have been
changed so that the fieldname matches the option
specified to retrieve the field (to include the - prefix).
These commands include get_device_drivers, get_process_info,
get_disk_info, get_user_account_info, lookup_account_name
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE get_service_configuration options
and return format has changed.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE The return values from the commands
pause_service, resume_service and interrogate_service have
changed. Moreover, start_service and stop_service will no
longer throw an exception if the service is already running or stopped
- Allow window styles to be expressed as symbols in addition to
- The commands start_service, stop_service,
pause_service, resume_service now take an additional -wait option.
Copyright © 2003-2007 Ashok P. Nadkarni